If you are applying for any of Bambora’s services, please note that we have certain restrictions that have been placed upon us by our banking partners and by our parent company, Bambora.
We are not permitted to provide merchant accounts to several types of businesses, as outlined below. This list is updated periodically and because it is non-exhaustive, may also be extended at the sole discretion of Bambora. We may also include merchandise or services as advised by Bambora’s banking partners.
You are responsible for reviewing and complying with this list before you elect to obtain merchant accounts from Bambora
- Illegal activities, products or services
- Any service providing peripheral support of illegal activities (i.e. drugs)
- All sexually oriented or pornographic merchants including dating sites for the purpose of sex-dating
- Telemarketing companies
- Pyramid or multi-level marketing distribution (pyramid schemes)
- Collection agencies or firms involved in recovering/collecting past due receivable
- Sports forecasting or odds making
- Check cashing
- Currency exchanges
- Gambling, including Internet Gambling
- Drug paraphernalia
- Online (virtual) pharmacies
- Non-face to face prescription drug sales
- Non-face to face sale of tobacco products
- Electronic cigarettes. Including smoking devices and refill kits/juices
- Anonymity services
- Virtual currencies
- Sale of alcohol
- 24/7 remote tech support
These guidelines do not pertain to any particular company’s practices. Bambora and its banking partners have also adopted certain policies regarding prohibited items, regardless of the legality of the item.
If you have any questions regarding these restrictions, and whether your business would qualify for a Bambora account, please contact us.