Bambora's Tokenization service encrypts every piece of confidential payment data your customer supplies and stores it on our PCI-Level 1 certified server. Confidential payment data such as credit card number and address are all encrypted into a single token that is used whenever your customer makes a repeat purchase.
Here is how it works:
- A customer is shopping for a new phone case on your website. They find a cherry red one and can’t help themself; they add it to their shopping cart.
- They are ready to check out. They click checkout and are directed to a payment form where they enter all of their billing information.
- Once they submits the form, their information is sent to Bambora through a Secure Socket Layer and triggers an automatic creation of a new payment profile which is stored on Bambora's PCI-Level 1 server.
- A token is created in conjunction with the profile. Bambora sends the token back to you, the merchant. You won’t be able to unencrypt it, no one will. Which means if you have a data breach all of your customer’s data cannot be deciphered, keeping it safe and secure.
- The customer now decides that they need a matching case for their laptop. They come back to your website and fill up their shopping cart. Upon checkout, you pass the token associated with thier profile to Bambora.
- Bambora then matches the token to the profile on our PCI-Level 1 server and passes the billing information to the financial institution to process the payment. This all happens in real time.
Tokens are great because they mitigate risks associated with storing credit card numbers. If you have a data breach, they continue to protect your customer’s data.
Merchants who use Recurring Billing or Batch Processing can keep their customers data protected through Tokenization. Merchants with a large customer base, repeat customers or those in need of significant security scope should all consider adding Tokenization to their payment arsenal.
Keep your data protected with Tokenization.